5 Ways to Improve Your Health with Elderberry
- May help to reduce symptoms of the flu
One study of 60 patients administered elderberry during the flu season saw their flu symptoms ease four days earlier than those using the placebo.
2. May help to support a healthy immune system
Elderberry may help support a healthy immune system by increasing inflammatory cytokine production –proteins secreted by the immune system.
3. May help to reduce the risk of chronic disease
Elderberry (naturally high in vitamin C, the body’s most abundant antioxidant), not only helps reduce the risk of chronic disease but may also be good for those with high blood pressure and prevent iron deficiency anaemia.
4. May offer some neuroprotective benefits
The dark black-purple color of the elderberry means it's a good source of compounds known as anthocyanins, which have been shown to protect the brain.
5. May help to improve exercise performance
Elderberry has been shown to improve exercise performance.